The Old Pumphouse
- Reference Number
- Nr Lydney, Forest of Dean
- 6 + cot
Reached by a woodland track from a country lane and standing on its own in an attractive clearing by a trout pond, which is fed by a small stream, The Old Pumphouse is a real 'hideaway'. Three miles from the small town of Lydney, the property is within easy distance of all the attractions of the Forest of Dean, the Wye Valley and the Border castles (Chepstow is 9 miles away). The whole area is ideal for walkers and cyclists and the owners have made special footpaths through the surrounding woods for the particular use of guests. The Estate also has a craft centre, a model village, a garden centre and a wholefood restaurant, 2 miles away.
The building was converted in 1997, creating large, light and airy spaces and has undergone further refurbishment, making it a highly desirable, unusual and interesting property in a very peaceful and attractive setting. It has been graded 4 star by Visit Britain.
Entrance lobby leads to very large open plan sitting room with open fireplace. Very bright kitchen/dining room with huge, floor to ceiling, double glazed window incorporating French doors, which open on to a south facing patio. Open stairs from sitting room to 1st floor. 3 bedrooms - 1 double with wash basin, 1 with zip & link bed offering twin or king size double also with wash basin and 1 smaller twin. Bathroom/wc with separate shower cubicle. Additional wc.
South facing patio and a very private, semi-wild, 2 acre garden beyond. Barbecue. Small stream runs alongside the property, which feeds an attractive pond. (Although the pond is fenced, care is needed with small children).
- Open fireplace
- Logs, oil fired under floor central heating, electricity, bed linen and towels, welcome basket with local produce all included in the rent
- Cot & high chair
- Colour TV, video and mini stereo system
- Slimline dishwasher
- Automatic washing machine
- Tumble dryer in out house
- WiFi broadband
- Telephone for incoming calls
- Ample parking near the property
- Village shop (Aylburton) and pub 1 mile
- Supermarket 3 miles
- Lydney train station 2,5 miles
- Well behaved dogs welcome (£50 refundable damage deposit payable on booking)
- Non-smokers only
- *Short Breaks*